Peter Young’s Bisbee
April 8th & 9th, 2017
$350 solo $550 duo
A gourmet tour of Arizona’s most dynamic town through the eyes of artist Peter Young.
Saturday – 8 April
- Arrive Bisbee 12 Noon. Check in to the Bisbee Inn.
- 12:30 – 1:30 – Lunch at Café Roka
- 1:30-4:30 – Peter Young Bisbee tour
- Bisbee Royal
- Central School Project – an old school now community owned housing artist studios, gallery and theater where many community events occur
- The Bisbee Radio Project
- Bisbee Council on the Arts and Humanities & Smithsonian Affiliate Mining & Historical Museum
- Cocktails in Puspa’s Bisbee Courtyard
- Specialty Dinner by Hazel’s Nicaraguan Food
- Optional Additional Séance – Kenny’s Séance Room
Sunday – 9 April
- Catered Breakfast at the Bisbee Courtyard
- Tour of Lowell Art Studios Tour with Puspa
Located 90 miles southeast of Tucson and nestled among the Mule Mountains, Bisbee is the picturesque county seat of historic Cochise County.
The community was founded in 1880, and quickly became a thriving urban center, driven by a booming mining industry that thrived on the area’s rich reserves of copper and precious metals.
Today, Bisbee’s extraordinarily well-preserved early-twentieth century downtown draws visitors from around the world, who appreciate its historic architecture, it’s welcoming, creative spirit and its cool climate. Bisbee also serves as an ideal overnight home-base for visitors – birders, hikers, wine-tasters, music-appreciators, and others who wish to explore our geologically, biologically and culturally rich “Sky Islands” region.
Peter Young first came to prominence in New York in the 1960s before leaving the spotlight to pursue work with global social justice issues and to explore his artistic practice outside the confines of the New York art world. A 2007 solo exhibition at MOMA PS1 reintroduced Young’s work to the global art world and his recent exhibition at Algus Greenspon Gallery won rave reviews from the New York Times. Young’s work remains more relevant than ever, and he continues to paint from his studio in Bisbee, AZ.
Puspa Lohmeyer is an American visual artist, photographer & director of german origin. Engaging the viewer in a visual narrative her work often explores the space that exists between the lines in any given story. Puspa currently lives in the artist haven of Bisbee, AZ where she relocated from NYC in 2005. www.puspaphoto.com